- check the FIDE website and make sure you DO NOT already have one assigned to you; search by your name
- US Chess can only assign USA-flagged FIDE IDs to any players who are USA citizens or permanent residents of the USA who do not already have an existing FIDE ID.
- If you are eligible to receive a USA-flagged FIDE ID, please complete this simple form to request to be assigned one: https://forms.gle/K7EFHNzp1cnW6bLAA
- If you need to obtain a FIDE ID from another federation, please contact your federation as soon as possible to being whatever process they have for assigning one. Contacts for other FIDE federations can be found at https://fide.com/directory/member-federations.
- Ensure your FIDE ID is linked to your USCF ID (you can check this on your USCF profile page)
- If it is not showing there, please email the US Chess FIDE Events Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide them your details.
There is no fee or cost to getting a FIDE ID.