- check the FIDE website and make sure you DO NOT already have one assigned to you; search by your name
- US Chess can only assign USA-flagged FIDE IDs to any players who are USA citizens or permanent residents of the USA who do not already have an existing FIDE ID.
- If you are eligible to receive a USA-flagged FIDE ID, please complete this simple form to request to be assigned one: https://forms.gle/K7EFHNzp1cnW6bLAA
- If you need to obtain a FIDE ID from another federation, please contact your federation as soon as possible to being whatever process they have for assigning one. Contacts for other FIDE federations can be found at https://fide.com/directory/member-federations.
- Ensure your FIDE ID is linked to your USCF ID (you can check this on your USCF profile page)
- If it is not showing there, please email the US Chess FIDE Events Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide them your details.
There is no fee or cost to getting a FIDE ID.
How to get FIDE Rated
https://handbook.fide.com/chapter/B022017, read sections 6 & 7.
Key points (not all inclusive)
- must score at least 0.5 pt against a player who already is FIDE rated in your first event
- must complete at least 5 rated games to be listed (these 5 games do not need to be from one event)
- games against unrated players do not count and are disregarded
- after first rated tournament, must complete any remaining needed rated games within next 26 months
- must be rated at least 1000 to show up in the rating list
- ratings are only published at the beginning of each month