# of rounds and time control to be determined at a later date. Likely this will be ONE section only.
- there is no entry fee! this is a FREE event and PRIZES will be sponsored and given away!
- we do not have the list of prizes available just yet. =)
- we do know that at least $150 worth of prizes will be given out!
- we will provide all playing equipment, sets/boards/clocks
- you have to know how to operate a chess clock!!! please do not participate unless you are familiar with playing speed chess using a digital clock
- event will start around 2pm; show up by 1:45pm to check in - you will not be paired to play first round unless you have checked in on time in person
- this is not a rated event - it will however follow USCF blitz rules
- time control & number of rounds and tournament pairing format will be determined day of the event or after all registrations are collected
- we have very limited spots available under the outdoor pavilion; deadline to register is 12 noon the day of, but likely we will run out of spots before that
- to register, send a text message with your full name (first and last) and the words "Halloween Tnmt" to 281.698.0068. wait for a confirmation text response back. we WILL TEXT YOU BACK WITHIN 24 HOURS. please wait for a response. if you don't get a response after 24 hours then text again or call - maybe you sent to a wrong number or your number was identified as spam and routed away to a junk folder
- those who register and cannot make it, make sure to text us and let us know in advance .... this is common courtesy and failure to do so will result in limiting your registration to future events